5 eCommerce Tools for Your Promo Business
“When it is obvious that the goals cannot be achieved, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps” -Confucius
So, you’re running a business in the promotional products industry, and you find that your sales have been relatively stagnant. You have a handful of recurring customers, but you lack a flow of new customers.
What do you do? Do you throw your hands up in defeat, or do you take action?
You take action.
It’s a lot easier to take action when you know where to start. That’s what we are here for: to guide you in the direction of your goals, and give you the necessary tools to become the best entrepreneur you know you can be.
When it comes to business, knowledge is power. These 5 eCommerce analytics tools will help you monitor your website traffic, maintain an online presence, and monitor your competitors to name a few.
Each of these tools allows you to participate in a free-trial; if you’re not quite sold on the functionality of these eCommerce tools, test them out!
I’ve been knocking on the Google Analytics door for a while, now. This has proved to be one of the most powerful tools for a myriad of reasons.
In case you missed my blog New Years Resolution: Mastering Google Analytics, you can view the article with the link provided.
Why Google Analytics is awesome:
- Monitor your website’s traffic
- Determine who is checking out your website
- Examine which platforms are sending the most traffic to your website
- Set conversion goals, and log them in your dashboard
- Learn more about your audience characteristics (this helps you determine where your audience is sitting i.e. which platforms they spend the most time on)
- Monitor your organic and paid SEO
Google Analytics is a completely free tool for Google users. All you have to do is set up your account, and you get free access for life.
If you aren’t a big fan of Google Analytics, you have another option!
KISSmetrics is very similar to Google, only KISSmetrics costs you a pretty penny.
KISSmetrics has more features than Google Analytics, so the price is on par with quality. Plus, you don’t have to connect your KISSmetrics account with your Google profile.
Why KISSmetrics is awesome:
- You can monitor the funnel process, and determine where your customers get stuck
- You can create A/B testing (implement changes to your site and see the impact in comparison with your current website design)
- Revenue reports
- Create reports to monitor your website’s behavior over time
- Real-time data analysis
- Monitor traffic to your site no matter what tech device your audience is using
Price: $200/month (starter package)
This is one of my favorite platforms. SproutSocial allows you to monitor your brand online, and see all social media data in one place.
SproutSocial makes social media manageable, especially for small business owners!
Here’s why SproutSocial is so awesome:
- They provide you with total impressions; the number of people actually seeing your content online
- Audience breakdown; who are you really talking to?
- See snapshots of your social media accounts, instead of having to manually research numbers
- See all social media commentary in one place (mentions, messages, comments, etc.)
- Assign tasks to team members and set tasks for yourself
- See your social media feeds in one place
- Schedule posts
- See the profiles of people who communicate with you online
- Create reports for your social media data
Pricing: $59/month (Deluxe- 1 user)
Heat mapping is the new fad in eCommerce! Rightly so, you can use a heat map in so many ways…
For those of you unfamiliar with heat maps, they analyze the clicks on your website, providing you with concrete information on which sections of your website are favored by your audience.
What makes CrazyEgg so awesome?
- Heatmap report
- Scroll report
- Determine the referral sources and search terms for your website
- See the number of clicks on specific sections on your page
Pricing: $9/month (Basic Package)
SEM rush is a great tool for the promotional products industry! There are so many distributors in the promotional products industry, it’s difficult to determine where you place in comparison.
SEM rush allows you to create an in-depth competitor analysis and determine where you rank in your industry.
Why SEM rush is so awesome:
- Determine your rank in organic SEO
- Monitor the keywords in your industry
- See who is backlinking to your website
- See where you rank in comparison to your customers
- See a direct comparison of your website vs. your competitor’s website
The Internet is full of helpful tools for your eCommerce business! I hope some of these tools prove to be useful for your promo business. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!